Tuesday 9 March 2010

My Father

My Father

My father is the special man for me. He has an ordinary appearance, he is short, he has puce skins, his hair has been grey and his face is very standard, but in his head he keeps the brilliant thought. He is used to think about the risk before making a decision and used to working hard every time. Sometimes we are, especially me, felt disappoint with his decision, however the time has proved that he took a right decision.
He is also a merciful father; he loves all of his family very much. Unluckily, I did not know that he loved me until I moved to Kendari city to continue my study. It happened because he is very difficult to say that he loved me or he was proud to have a clever daughter in front of me or my brothers. He only shows it by proving that he has worked hard and tried to do everything to support out needs. When my mother called me, she told that he is used to say that he proud of me. I do not need to ask him to say it directly to me anymore to prove the truth of her words.
Not only me, my brothers also do not aware of his merciful in the sense that he brought up us very strict. We should working hard and discipline. Every morning, we have to wake up at 4.30, and do the morning activities. In the holidays, we cannot spend our time with our friends; instead we should go to our garden that needs a half hour of walking to make the fence or to clean the plants from the grass. My father said that he hates the lazy children and we can do it if we have reached the success.
His education background only stops in senior high school, but his way of thinking is very brilliant. He asks us to reach the higher education to change his lost chance because of life’s difficulty. He puts his expectation in our shoulders, especially me, with the strong believes that we can realize his expectation. He has taken down the stupid view that school will spend all of his money. One day, he said to me that I could get his legacy if I serious to my education. He has a modern thought; the difficult thing to get in my village.
Slowly but sure, all of his wise words has been proved. I can survive even though I am far away from my parents. My mindset about life has been change; I consider that life’s difficulty is a challenge not a problem. I feel that I am more rational in facing my life. All of this achievement (I call it like that) as the result of his upbringing.
The most impressed moment which made me really felt his love is his response when I lost my money more than a million. My uncles and my aunts have been angry with me because of my careless, so I believe that he would be angrier than them. At the time, I did not know what I should do, I only cried and cried. However, the fact made me surprise, I was not only free from his anger but also I could get the extra money. He only gave me the advice to be careful for everything and forgot the bad moment because he was sure that it happened accidentally. He really trusts me.
The word which he used to say when he call me or I leave my village to go anywhere is be careful. It means everything to me. I consider it as my magic word and to be my reminder when I do mistake. I think that the word is the result of his reflection about life and its difficulties.
I really admire to him because he never impose his desire to our life choice. I am free to determine the school that I want to attend. He promises me to support whatever my choice. The only thing he wants is we are success in the field we are choosing.

No comments: