Tuesday 9 March 2010

My first Day in Haluoleo University

My First Day in Haluoleo University


I came to Haluoleo University as a student in English department on August 1st 2008. I could pass the entrance exam and included in one of the 84 freshmen. English department is my first choice to prove myself and my parents that I could pass the exam even though it is quite hard to face the exam.

That day really made me nervous of facing the new environment, new friends and even the strange situation. All of the sensation came and left in my mind, the sorrow of leaving my senior high school, my adolescence and my family, the curiosity of new studying condition, and the happiness of being adult. All of them made me try to pay attention to my new world and to try to adapt with everything.

The first thing that I paid attention is the teacher training and education buildings. There were eight big buildings which stand all around the faculty. The condition of some the buildings were good enough, but the others were just the opposite. In other hand, I started to aware that my faculty is the biggest faculty in Haluoleo University. There are many people did many activities there so that it felt noisy and hot. I guess that most of them are students and the rest are lecturers and administration staffs.

As a student in English department, I should come after to the lectures in the C buildings which located in the southeast part of the faculty. It was the new one I thought, in the reasoning that the paint of the building was bright and the wall had only a little bit scribal. There were six classes that were provided for us to use for. I had one favorite class when I observed the building. I like it at the first sight because it had special chairs and it took place in the upstairs.

Besides the C building, there was the other place that we could do for class. They called it English Language Center (ELC), but most of the students called it UPT Bahasa which took place in outside of teacher training and educational faculty. The building has two stories and has air conditioning. In addition, it also has Self Access Center (SAC), a place likes a small library, in the first story. I put it down as the comfortable place to study.

When I came to the campus, I did not have even a friend because I came from Bau-Bau and was the only one from my class in junior high school who followed the entrance test the for the teacher training and educational faculty in Halouleo University. Nevertheless, I started ito have one when I wrote the lectures agenda and got a problem with my pen. She lent me hers without considering whether she knew me or not. She has been my friend since then.

I did not know the name of my lecturers except my advisor and the head of English study program. However, in my mind they should have high intellectual and looked great because I have heard from some students who chat about them said that they graduated from foreign university.

In the list which hung on the wall of head of the English study program I could find that the numbers of lecturers were twenty eight. I tried to consider which one the smart lecturers were, based on their education background. In fact, my guess was not bad enough.

To be a student in English department, I grew the strong will in my soul that I should do my best in this university. I should get the knowledge and the experience as much as possible. English department is one of the prestigious study programs in Haluoleo University, so that I should make myself is reasonable to take the opportunity to grow in this place.

The only thing that disturbed me was orientation program. Based on I had watched in television and heard from my friend in dormitory, the orientation program in this university was very hard. It involved the physical harshness and mentality pressure. However, in my deep heart, I had the strong will that I could pass it anyhow the difficult.

No comments: